Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Caterers Insurance

Specialist cover for catering businesses.

  • Caterers cover ranging from liability only to entire commercial package
  • Flexible options so you only pay for what your catering business requires
  • When you grow your business, we grow your catering insurance policy to match so you don’t feel restricted

Get a quote online:

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

Or speak to an adviser:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of our insurance for caterers

Catering for everyone's needs

From mobile caterers for events like weddings, everyday snack food venders and burger vans to canteens and venders in hotels and other establishments. You can all be classed as caterers and if the policy doesn't fit, we’re likely to be able to find one better suited to you. The best way to establish your needs properly is to talk through your catering business insurance with our team.

A flexible approach

We understand that seasonality may mean you do not have your full capacity of employees working for you all year round. As such, we have ensured our cover is as adaptable as your business and can cover varying numbers of employees throughout the year. When it comes to employees, we won't be able to insure any malicious damage they cause so we advise sticking to a good vetting process.

Catering equipment insurance

The equipment that keeps your business ticking can be insured en route to an event, whilst in storage and whilst in use. In addition we can cover hired equipment so if an accident does happen, we can get things fixed so you’re not out of pocket. Just remember, we are not able to cover perishable goods.

Encourage your business to grow

As time goes on and you start to think about expanding, you don’t need to think about new insurance. When your circumstances change, we will adapt your policy to suit, whether you’re growing bigger, downsizing or just changing venues. Depending on the changes you make to your policy there is likely to be change in your premium and an adjustment fee (usually £10).

Caterers Insurance Claims

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Need some assistance?

If you need support from our team you can call them on:

0344 346 0409

Caterers Insurance Articles & Guides

Want to know more about business? Check out our business hub for to discover more:

Soc Med Image


Social Media for Small Business: A Guide

If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of the Internet for a business! More than ever, the Web, and social media in particular, is becoming the marketplace – so how can your small business make the most of social media? Let’s take some of the `mystery out of it with our guide to social media.

Word Of Mouth Marketing


Using Word-of-Mouth Marketing For Your Business

Word-of-mouth recommendations are still an effective way of driving customers to your business without the massive costs attached to other forms of marketing. This article will help you think through how to use word-of-mouth marketing and how to encourage more recommendations from your customers.

Caterers Insurance FAQs

Can I get cover if I need to employ subcontractors?

Yes. If you need to add a new employee for a specific event (e.g. A sushi chef for a particular wedding) we can add this to your policy so you’re still covered.

I’ve been turned down before because I serve alcohol, can you cover me?

We try to cover as many different circumstances as possible for our customers so this is not usually a problem for us to cover.

What is product liability cover and why do I need it?

Product liability cover insures your legal responsibility for the products you make available to the public. If you serve food this could be related to a case of food poisoning. If you sell specific products it could be to do with injury caused by the malfunction of one of those products. It depends on your type of business but our team can help advise on whether it’s something you need or not.

What is public liability cover and why do I need it?

Public liability insures you against claims made by the public if they are injured, or their property is damaged as a direct result of an accident relating to your business. Often you will find that councils and local authorities will insist on £million as a minimum but this is not always suitable. In the event of larger claims you could find yourself severely out of pocket. The level of public liability insurance for catering you need is difficult for us to establish and we advise thinking this through in relation to your own business and scenarios. A good starting point is to speak with local authorities and establish a minimum.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.