About Nightclub Insurance


Cover for many venue types

Get cover for many different types of clubs and venues.


You set the limits

Tailored liability insurance limits set by you.

Camera Travel

Additional nightclub cover for events

Cover for additional one-off events and entertainments.

Direct Debit

Pay for your nightclub insurance by Direct Debit

You can split your payment into 10 equal monthly instalments.

Features of Nightclub Insurance

Standard cover

Types of venue

Some of the properties we can cover include nightclubs, late-night bars and pubs, entertainment venues, concert venues and one-off events. We also provide pub and restaurant insurance so have experience in providing insurance cover for even the most diverse venues Simply give us a call and our expert advisers will be able to help you decide on a suitable policy.

Public and employers’ liability

We can provide cover of up to £5,000,000 for sums you become legally liable to pay in respect of accidental injury to any person, or accidental loss or damage to their material property, happening in the course of your business or caused by the nature or condition of anything sold or supplied by your business. We also provide up to £10,000,000 for sums you become legally liable to pay as damages, together with your legal costs and expenses relating to an injury to an employee for which you are legally liable.

Entertainment cover for your nightclub

Even if you’re not planning foam parties, pyrotechnic displays or aerial performers, it’s still very important that the insurers fully understand the entertainment activities within your business. We will have a detailed discussion with you to ensure that you have the correct protection in place, and if you’re not partaking in 'high risk' activities, that the insurer's premium reflects this too.

Contents insurance for night clubs

Contents insurance covers your fixtures and fittings, equipment and stock. In the case of a nightclub, this means things like your lighting, sound equipment, bar stock and cash. We can also cover against the leakage of beer and beverages from pumped containers, subsequent damage to contents and a range of other perils specific to your trade. We can additionally provide building insurance if you own the building, or your lease makes it your responsibility to insure.

Nightclub Insurance FAQs


What do I have to insure under a licensed trade policy?


By law, you must have employers' liability insurance, assuming you have any staff. However, it is also advisable to insure for:

  • Insurance for your assets including bar/kitchen equipment, fixtures and fittings, tenants’ improvements and of course the buildings if required
  • Insurance to protect the business profits from business interruption
  • Insurance against third party liability, i.e. if you are legally liable to pay for an incident that results in loss or damage to a third party while on your premises
  • Loss of licence
  • Personal accident
  • Your household contents if you live at the premises


Are there any exclusions on my nightclub insurance policy?


Full terms and conditions are available on request from your Towergate advisor, and in your policy documents.


Why do I have to declare my annual turnover?


This enables us to determine the premium of your policy and helps us check that your profit is insured adequately for business interruption.


We have trouble obtaining quotes for our business as we open late and provide entertainment at our premises. Can you help?


Not all insurers will insure absolutely everything. However, because we have more than one facility, we will try to find an insurer who will understand and accept your risk.


If I find a lower quote, will you match or better it?


We will do our best! Subject to full details of the quote and the insurance provider you have received it from.


Can I pay for my nightclub insurance in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01493 845 305 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim