Bar Insurance

Specialist insurance for sports bars, wine bars, cocktail bars, and many other licensed venues.

About Bar Insurance

Test Icon1

Experts in our field

As one of the UK’s leading brokers of licensed trade insurance, we have access to a wide range of bar insurance policies.


Flexible and specialised bar insurance

Flexible and tailored business solutions and specialised cover specific to your industry.


Entertainment insurance

Get annual or ‘one off’ liability insurance for events, entertainment and performers.

Direct Debit

Pay for your bar insurance by Direct Debit

You can split your payment into 10 equal monthly instalments.

Features of Bar Insurance

Standard cover

The types of bars we cover

Between licensed clubhouses, music venues, wine bars, sports bars, late-night premises, taverns and cocktail bars, no two venues are ever the same. That’s why we take a tailored approach to your bar insurance; first understanding your business, and then providing cover specific to your risks.

Bar liability insurance

We can provide up £5 million public liability and £10 million employers’ liability insurance, as well as commercial property insurance for the building, business interruption to protect your income and many other business insurance features to keep your patrons, staff and business safe.

Entertainment insurance

If you require insurance for regular or one-off performers, entertainment, or events in your bar, then look no further. It’s important to understand the type of entertainment you provide, so we can offer the correct protection. And, if you’re not partaking in 'high risk' activities, the insurer's premium should be lower too.

Bar contents insurance

Contents insurance covers your fixtures and fittings, equipment and stock. In the case of a bar, this means things like your bar stock, cellar stock, fixtures, fittings, glass, crockery and decoration. We can also cover against the leakage of beer and beverages from pumped containers, subsequent damage to contents and a range of other perils specific to your trade.

Bar Insurance FAQs


What is bar insurance?


Bar insurance is a business insurance package, which comprises your premises, stock, liability and profits protection in one policy. It is designed to protect the specific risks of the licensed trade industry.


Do I need bar insurance?


If you have employees, you are required by law to have at least employers’ liability insurance. In practice though, no business would operate without most other business protection features in place, because the potential risks of not having them are too great.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Are there any exclusions on my bar insurance policy?


Full terms and conditions are available on request from your Towergate advisor, and in your policy documents.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01493 845 305 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim