Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Error loading MacroEngine script (file: )

Refunding and Cancelling Your Property Insurance

If you’re considering home and property insurance it can be helpful to know what your options are for cancelling at different times in the life of your policy.

Video transcript

Hi, My name is Brooke and I’m an insurance adviser at Towergate

As a specialist insurance provider we understand that circumstances change and you might need to cancel or amend your home insurance policy.

For this reason we have designed our policies with flexibility in mind and why we maintain clear and simple refunding, cancelling and adjusting processes across our property policies.

Cooling off period

Once you have taken a policy out with us, there is a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period.

This means during the first 14 days, you will only pay for the days of insurance you have used plus the customer service charge for the cost of setting up the policy.

Cancelling your property insurance

You can cancel your policy at any time during the term. All you have to do is call, email or write to one of our advisers and they’ll take care of this for you. As well as the time on cover you have used and we retain the customer service charge for the cost of setting up the insurance but many of our customers are able to negate this admin fee by cancelling their current policy and at the same time taking out a new policy which better suits their new needs. For example if you insured your unoccupied property with us whilst it was undergoing works before moving in, once the renovations are complete we could offer a standard home insurance policy to replace it.

Our advisers will help you find the most cost effective solution in a case like this.

Don’t forget that if you pay by direct debit and cancel before a payment has been taken, there may be an outstanding balance due to us.

For more info give one of our advisers a call to discuss your requirements or simply search our website for the type of property insurance you’re looking for.

This is a marketing article by Towergate Insurance.

Want to find out more about our Home Insurance ?

More details