Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Professional Consultants Insurance

Bespoke professional consultants policies

  • Cover against civil liability claims
  • Solicitors fees in a defence case included in our professional consultants insurance policies
  • Includes cover for any complaints of misconduct against the insured

Get your professional consultants insurance quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Call us today to speak to a specialist professional consultants insurance adviser

0330 123 5810
0330 123 5810

Weekdays 8.30am - 5.30pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of our professional consultants insurance

Civil liability claim cover

Our professional consultants insurance covers claims for professional indemnity, public liability, products liability, and libel and slander. The policies we offer cover you to work anywhere in the world, excluding the US and Canada, so you can be safe in the knowledge that you are protected wherever your business takes you.

Up-to-date cover for any industry

We offer tailored professional consultants insurance policies dependant on your professional risk and need. Our up-to-date cover for marketing consultants includes cover for digital work, including social media.

Retrospective indemnity cover

Professional indemnity cover is applied retrospectively for any professional working undertaken prior to the start of the policy, so even if a historic case is brought forward you will be covered by our professional consultants insurance.

Optional extras

We can tailor our professional consultants insurance to suit you. If you work from home we can provide specialist home insurance, and if you have employees we can include employer’s liability insurance to protect you and your staff. We also offer discounts for members of professional bodies.

Professional Consultants Insurance Claims

Claims for professional consultants insurance can be very complex, so it's important to follow the right procedures. If you have any reason to believe you might need to claim, just follow the simple procedure below, and we'll advise you of the best course of action.

What to do

If any circumstance arises that might lead to a claim you should contact us immediately and forward any correspondence relating to the potential claim.

Avoid speaking to the claimant or their representatives (as this could prejudice the outcome)

Even if you are not sure whether or not an incident will lead to a claim, you should notify us anyway. This will not prejudice your policy and we will be able to put your mind at rest or, if necessary, start the claims process.

Need to make a claim?

Give us a call and we’ll help settle your claim

0330 123 5921

Professional Consultants Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your professional consultants insurance.

Staff Perks Snippet


An infographic guide to modern motivation techniques

Getting the best out of your employees and colleagues is essential to a healthy and successful business. These days, this means more than just paying them a higher salary. Striking a good work-life balance is increasingly important.

The importance of cyber security for SMEs 1


The Importance of Cyber Security for SMEs

Cyber security for businesses has become increasingly crucial as hackers become more and more sophisticated. No matter how small your business, you could be putting yourself at risk of cyber-crime. This article explains how to help protect your business against this growing threat.

Professional Consultants Insurance FAQs

Do I need loss of income insurance? Is this covered?

We do offer loss of income and business interruption insurance as well as various other business insurances, but not as part of this professional consultants insurance package. If you require any of these covers we can provide them via our business insurance department, one of our advisers will be able to assist you with this.

How do I know how much public liability cover I need?

As every profession is open to different risks and claims are unforeseeable events it's not possible for us to safely recommend any level of cover. Our main advice at this point is to select the highest amount of cover you can reasonably afford. We can however offer full flexibility on your policy meaning that if you need to raise or lower the level of cover at any time we can accommodate this easily. Some organisations require their members to have a certain level of cover, so it may be worth checking if you are a member of a professional body.

Do I still need insurance after I stop practising?

You may want to consider run-off cover to provisionally cover you against any claim taken against you for work done whilst you were practising. Our advisers will be able to set this up for you at the end of your policy.

I'm training as a therapist. Do I need insurance?

Depending on what you are studying and if you are practising you may want to protect yourself against claims. As everyone's situation is different and claims are unforeseeable we cant advise either way, but would suggest that even though liability and indemnity insurances are not legal requirements, you should not leave yourself vulnerable if you think you could be open to a civil liability claim against you.

Is my stock and equipment covered?

This professional consultants insurance policy is designed to cover the practitioner, not a business or property. If you require these extra covers we can simply provide the extra cover at the same time with a business or home insurance policy that can provide the relevant cover for your stock, cash and premises etc.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.