Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Van Insurance

Van insurance for a wide range of vehicle types and usage

  • Van insurance for both commercial and private use
  • Cover for a wide array of commercial van types, owner occupations and vehicle usage
  • Quality customer service and insurance experience as multi-award winning broker for van insurance

Get a quote and and buy van insurance online from our partner Autonet:

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Call for a van insurance quote today:

0330 343 8775
0330 343 8775

Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of Autonet's van insurance

Affordable van insurance

Autonet have developed outstanding relationships with some of the largest companies in the market, including Aviva, AXA, Allianz and RSA, in order to continue to provide affordable van insurance policies.

Van insurance tailored for you

Autonet’s large panel of insurers means they can compare multiple risks, saving you time and money by avoiding having to ring round individual insurance companies.

Quick and easy cover

Autonet’s quick and easy process offers you instant van insurance on the day, with full policy documentation sent via e-mail or post.

Extras for your van cover

A great range of additional van insurance products are available to suit your specific commercial vehicle needs, including motor legal expenses insurance for added peace of mind.

Van Insurance Articles & Guides

Read our articles and guides to add more value to your van insurance:



Beware Crash for Cash Scams

Towergate Insurance Motor Division have issued a list of top tips to help drivers avoid being targeted in 'crash for cash' scams. Towergate Insurance has found that staged...

View article
Goods In Transit Security


Putting Goods-in-Transit Security First

Losing a load doesn't just cost time and money; reputations can be broken if security fails and consignments are lost. This guide looks at some of the ways you can minimise the risk as a distribution firm.

Occupational Road Safety


Reduce the Risk: Occupational Road Safety for Your Vehicles

Placing occupational road safety at the heart of the business is crucial for vehicle firms. Learn how to create the right occupational road safety culture to ensure your fleet stays on the road, and reduce your transport insurance costs.

Van Insurance FAQs

What is a no claims bonus (NCB)?

This is a discount awarded for the completion of 12 months of continuous claim free insurance. NCB can only be earned and used in your own name and on one vehicle at a time. NCB is not acceptable if it expired more than 2 years prior to the inception of your new policy. NCB is reduced after a fault claim (please refer to your policy wording for details of NCB reduction). If you are unsure if your NCB is valid you can call our experienced advisers on 03303 438 629 who will be happy to help and advise you.

What is an insurance excess?

This is the first part of each claim which you (not your insurer) must pay. There are two types of excess:

Compulsory excess - This is an excess that has been applied as a requirement by your insurer and will vary according to your personal circumstances and the terms of cover provided. A compulsory excess may be required if you drive a particular vehicle or you have inexperienced drivers on your policy. There is also a compulsory excess for fire, theft, windscreen claims or malicious damage.

Voluntary excess - This will apply where you agree with your insurer to pay a greater part of each claim, in addition to your compulsory excess. A voluntary excess can be increased or decreased at your request during your online quotation and it may affect your premium.

Fault and non-fault claims - what is the difference?

A fault claim is any claim resulting in your own insurer being liable (paying for the claim). For example, you are not to blame for a theft claim but your own insurer would be liable, as they have no other party to recover the costs from.

If your insurer pays for your damages in a claim, for example where a third party hit you, but then re-coups their costs via the third party's insurer, this would be a non-fault claim as your insurer was not liable.

If I have an accident and I do not wish to make a claim, do I still have to notify my insurer?

Yes, it is always advisable to tell your insurer of any incident the insured vehicle is involved in, so that your file is always fully updated, even if no claim is to be made. All incidents should be reported to 0800 9537 537.

What is an immobiliser?

An electronic immobiliser is a device fitted to the vehicle that disables the engine of your vehicle when it is not in operation by you. Some newer vehicles have these factory fitted by the manufacturer and these are normally shown within your vehicle brochure. It is also possible to have these fitted by a garage or specialist, who would supply a certificate of installation detailing the exact model of your vehicle's immobiliser. A copy of your fitment certificate may be required.

A manual immobiliser is a device which is usually placed on the steering wheel or gear lever of your vehicle.

There are two types of Thatcham graded immobiliser:

T2 = An immobiliser that has been judged to comply to the Thatcham criteria.

T1 = An alarm/immobiliser combination that has been judged to comply to the Thatcham criteria.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.