Dance Teacher Insurance

About Dance Teacher Insurance


Specialist cover for dance teachers in just five minutes

No need to wait to get covered, simply get a quote and cover in five minutes


No hidden costs

Making sure you know that you will not have further costs down the line


Professional indemnity up to £10 million

Cover for any costs awarded against you


Dance teacher cover all in one place

Public liability, products liability and professional indemnity in one policy

Features of Dance Teacher Insurance

Standard cover

Compensation claims covered for dance teachers

There is no cap on how much a compensation claim can be in the UK. This means a claim could be hundreds of thousands, even millions of pounds. Your policy can protect you against claims for compensation for financial loss suffered by your customers.

Protection against defence costs

As well as covering successful compensation claims against you, our dance teacher policy can also cover you for the defence costs of an unsuccessful claim, including loss of earnings. If you suspect a claim is being raised we’ve teamed up with a 24-hour helpline service which can provide instant impartial advice.

Specialist policies tailored to your needs

We offer policies designed for dance teachers, Zumba instructors, personal trainers and more, meaning you can be confident you have the right cover. And what’s more, we can source discounts for many of our customers who belong to professional organisations and industry bodies.

All-round cover from our liability package

Professional indemnity forms a vital part of our liability package, which can also include: public liability, employers’ liability, products liability and libel and slander cover. With our package, you can be sure that your dance teaching business is covered against a multitude of legal related risks

Dance Teacher Insurance FAQs


How do I know how much cover I need?


You are unlikely to find an insurance company who will advise you exactly on how much cover you need. It is your responsibility to take out adequate cover although our advisors can go through your options over the phone and explain how you might want to calculate this cost. Alternatively, many industry organisations or professional bodies will likely be able to offer you some advice.


If I work from home, do I still need professional indemnity insurance?


Professionals who send out products, offer advice of some kind, or provide some services from their own home can still cause harm for which they may be liable. For this reason it’s important you don’t make an assumption that you can’t do any damage when tucked away in your own home, and that you speak with an advisor about your risks.


I work out of a shared space that I hire, what do I need professional indemnity insurance for?


Although you may work out of a shared space, you are still providing a service to the public in a professional capacity, which means that you could be liable for any advice or recommendations you give. With a professional indemnity policy in place, should this ever happen, you can make a claim, as well as seek legal advice as part of your legal expenses part of the policy.


Do I receive a discount as a member of a professional association?


Many of our customers can get a discount on their insurance simply by being a member of a professional association or industry body. What’s more, for many of these, we also offer profession specific policies too. This means you can get specific cover with great discounts! Speak to one of our advisors to find out how much you can save.


What happens if I retire or cease trading?


If you decide to take a break, retire or want to follow a different path, we recommend that you take out something that is called professional indemnity ‘run off cover’. This is a policy that offers retrospective cover, should anyone you provided a service to whilst you were teaching dance, decide that they are going to make a claim against you for something that happened whilst you were previously insured and actively working.


Are there any exclusions?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the policy summary and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.


Can I pay in instalments?


A variety of payment options are available and the interest transaction charge and annual percentage rate (APR%) vary according to the amount of the premium, the number of monthly instalments and type of premium finance scheme selected. We will give you full details of the additional amount payable, instalment amounts, number of instalments and APR when you ask us for a quotation.

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a direct debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, please read our dedicated page on direct debit.

To understand more about how PCL works together with Towergate, please read our regulatory information.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5063 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim