Flood Risk Insurance

If your home has been flooded in the past some insurers won’t insure you but at Towergate we'll do our best to help you to find cover.

  • Alternative accommodation available if your home is uninhabitable
  • We can arrange cover for properties that others can’t or won’t
  • Accidental damage cover included

Don’t have time to call now? Send us your enquiry and we’ll get back to you

Make an enquiry

Call one of our friendly advisers for a helping hand

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

What does flood risk home insurance cover?

Alternative accommodation

Having nowhere to live can be a stressful experience but with the policy cover. Should your home become uninhabitable you'll be provided with alternative accommodation so you don't have to worry.

Accidental damage cover

We know that accidents happen. As part of your cover, accidental damage for fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and fittings and electrical equipment are also taken care of. That way, your possessions are the least of your worries.

Home emergency cover

When an insured peril like a break-in or burst pipe causes damage to your home, the most important action we can take is to prevent further damage. That’s why our flood risk home insurance policy gives you the option to add a 24 hour contact number for home emergencies, so you can call and have someone carry out repairs or secure the property straight away. Please be aware that if the property is unoccupied for more than 30 days cover will not apply, please contact the team if this is the case.

Contents insurance flood risk areas

Your home holds your life’s possessions so it’s worth having a good think about the total value of the contents you’d like to insure as well as any valuables you might like to cover in addition. Items which are hard to replace like-for-like and more valuable items, should be specified on your policy so it’s best to discuss the details of these with an adviser. We do not cover wear and tear or mechanical breakdown of any of your contents.

Flood Risk Insurance Claims

Handling all claims up to a value of £25,000 ourselves, you can be sure that you have the benefit of talking to our specialist home insurance experts should the worst happen.

Our dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing property insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.

Simply call us using the number in your policy documents and our team will talk you through the details of your claim. We will advise and guide you through the next steps and will stay in regular contact with you right the way through to a fair and honest settlement.

Need to make a claim?

Call our dedicated claims team on:

01708 777 720

We're available 8.30am until 5.30pm Mon-Fri

Flood Risk Insurance Articles & Guides

We don't just know about home insurance, we also know about homes, read up on a whole host of topics in our hub:

House Price Ratio


House Price Income Ratio

In today’s global economy, the playing field in the international market isn’t exactly level, with house prices being one of the best reflections of the challenges citizens...

View infographic
Flood Prevention


A Guide to Flood Prevention for Non Standard Homes

If your home is situated in a flood risk area it may be considered a non-standard home in insurance terms. Last year, The Association of British Insurers (ABI) reported insurers had paid out a total of £1.3 billion following the storms of 2016, showing the impact and extent of flood damage from a financial perspective.

YouTube DIY tools


DIY for the YouTube Generation

A quarter of young adults rely on YouTube for DIY advice but 1 in 5 have to call in experts to fix DIY disasters, costing them £5,000. At double the UK average, is trying to do it yourself costing more than getting in the professionals?

Flood Risk Insurance FAQs

What excess do I have to pay on this policy?

You can choose an excess from £50 to £250. If you go for the higher amount, this will reduce your premium. Certain types of constructions have a higher excess - such as flat-roofed properties. For more information speak to one of our sales advisors on 0344 892 1750.

Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?

This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisors on 0344 892 1750.

What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?

You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.

Would you insure my property if it is both listed and timber framed?

Yes. We can cover for both of these situations.

Do I have to keep my property maintained?

If you have a flat roof, a professional builder or roofer will need to visit your property every 8 years to inspect it and any necessary repairs should be carried out.

Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?

Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.
We’ll beat your renewal price by 5%. And you’ll pay the same next year too.