Thatched Property Insurance

Thatched houses, pubs and cottages are full of wonder but they do carry different risks. Ask us about our specialist policy.

  • The thatching itself is covered for fire, storm damage and accidental damage
  • Buildings cover and property owners’ liability are also included
  • Pedal cycles, valuables and family legal protection available as an optional extra

Find out more about thatched home insurance

Make an enquiry

Call our helpful team to find out more

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

We’re here for you Weekdays 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Norman in his dressing gown

Find out more about how we can cover your thatched property

Cover against major types of damage

As part of your policy, your roofing is covered against fire, storm and accidental damage. We also include cover against damages caused by flooding.

Buildings & property owners' liability

Our cover includes building and property owners’ liability. This protects you against subsidence, debris removal costs and architect and surveyors fees. It also covers you against the costs of tracing and assessing and from legal liability as owner of your home.

Contents & occupiers' and personal liability

We know your possessions matter to you. We provide cover against accidental damage to audio-visual equipment as well as computers. You will also be covered for the replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen.

Optional extra cover

We also provide a number of optional benefits which can be added to your policy including cover for pedal cycles, your valuables and personal effects and family legal protection. Accidental damage to your building and contents can also be included as an optional extra.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Thatched Property Insurance Claims

Handling all claims up to a value of £25,000 ourselves, you can be sure that you have the benefit of talking to our specialist home insurance experts should the worst happen.

Our dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing property insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.

simply call us using the number in your policy documents and our team will talk you through the details of your claim. We will advise and guide you through the next steps and will stay in regular contact with you right the way through to a fair and honest settlement.

Need to make a claim?

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm

01708 777 710

Thatched Property Insurance Articles & Guides

Need some more information? Check out our property hub, full of tips, guides and interesting info on property:



Do you know if your home needs specialist insurance?

Many of us like to think of our home as special and unique – but have you ever stopped to think whether your home might actually require non-standard home insurance? Phil Spencer, presenter of Location, Location, Location is on hand with advice on what to look out for in his exclusive blog.



DIY Tips - Wallpapering

We have put together some how-to guides to those seemingly simple decorating duties, painting and wallpapering. We've picked the minds of paint shop and decorating professionals for advice which, if followed properly, with a little time investment can result in a professional finish at a cost price. So whether you own the property you are decorating or sprucing up to let out, why not give it a go?

Pile Of Tools DIY


DIY for the YouTube Generation

A quarter of young adults rely on YouTube for DIY advice but 1 in 5 have to call in experts to fix DIY disasters, costing them £5,000. At double the UK average, is trying to do it yourself costing more than getting in the professionals?

Thatched Property Insurance FAQs

What types of thatch do you cover?

We cover reed, water straw and straw. Please speak to an advisor if you believe your roofing falls outside one of these categories.

How does a thatch roof affect the rest of my building insurance?

You receive all the standard coverage you would expect when insuring your home with our thatched roof policy. There are some considerations brought about by the 'non-standard' roofing like fireplaces/guards but our experienced advisors can go through all these details with you.

Can I cover all my contents on the same policy?

All standard policy features are included in this policy. Buildings and contents insurance is included as well as many optional extra to help tailor your cover to fit your requirements.

My home is listed, can you still cover me?

We would be happy to arrange appropriate cover for your listed building as well as any other non-standard considerations for protecting your property.

My house is let to tenants, can you still cover me?

Yes, we can cover for many situations including, let, holiday home, weekend/weekday home. Simply speak to our advisors about your situation.

Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?

If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.