Breweries Insurance

From micro-breweries to vineyards and distilleries, challenge us to cover your business.

  • Products liability protection against customer claims that your product caused them harm (£2.5m, £5m and £10m limits available)
  • Accidental loss or damage cover for your machinery, contents and specialist equipment excluding wear and tear
  • Goods in transit cover including cover for your products and stock whether it’s being collected or distributed by you

Give us a head start - enquire online and we'll call you back.

Get a quote

Got a few questions for us? Give us a call and we'll do our best to answer them.

01489 770 330
01489 770 330

Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Here are just some of the policy features we can arrange for your brewery or micro brewery;

Public liability

Public liability covers you should you be faced with a claim from a member of the public. For example, if you conduct tours around your brewery and a member of the tour injures themselves due to your fault, public liability cover will reimburse your business for legal expenses and the cost of the compensation itself.

Cover your goods when exporting to the EU

We can easily include goods in transit cover within the UK. Equally, If your beer/bier/cerveza is going down well in Europe, we can extend cover to include transit within EU countries. If you plan on sending your beer even further, we can look at including this too.

Insurance for micro breweries

As a micro brewery, your equipment and recipe is key to your success. Our brewery insurance covers businesses large and small against loss of equipment and stock through theft or accidental damage. We can also cover your continuing fixed costs if you’re unable to keep trading following a loss. If you’re planning to expand please pick up the phone and let us know how. We’ll be able to cover you for some aspects of your business regardless but we’ll need to know about additions to your sums insured to keep you covered appropriately.

Products recall cover

We hope it doesn’t happen that often (or at all!) but if you need to recall a batch of your product, we can cover the loss incurred by having to recover your products. This includes lost stock and loss incurred from the logistics involved in getting your products back/disposed of. In this instance, we can only cover what you tell us you produce. So, if you start making a new product, be sure to update your cover.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Breweries Insurance Claims

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Need to make a claim?

Call us or email us with; your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

01489 770 330

Breweries Insurance Articles & Guides

It's a jungle out there. To help you through it, we publish a series of guides with helpful tips and advice for a range of businesses.

woman at computer


Starting an online business

It's never been easier to take the plunge with an online business. All it takes is one brilliant idea, the guts to take the risk and a little bit of capital. Here's our guide to setting up yours...

Pub banner


Pub facts - Did you know?

The great British pub has been the centre of our communities for centuries. As providers of specialist pub insurance and restaurant insurance we have come up with the following interesting facts:

Breweries Insurance FAQs

How many staff can I employ?

We don’t limit the number of staff our brewery insurance includes. Just make sure you tell us how many you employ and your annual wage roll when you set up your policy. Keep us informed as your business grows and we’ll grow your policy with it.

Can you cover operations under railway arches?

Yes we can. Some insurers are quite restrictive in terms of the type of structure they’ll cover. We however, can cover almost any premises type from craft breweries to large mass producing units.

Will my health and safety standards affect my cover?

There is a possibility that your cover will be ineffective if you do not meet the relevant health and safety requirements. If you employ five people or less the law requires you to have fewer practices in place however, if you employ six or more people you will have to conduct risk assessments and you could face a fine if you do not have these in place. If you’re uncertain as to what’s required of your business, please visit

Is the financial rating of an insurer an important factor?

As the system measures an insurer’s financial situation, allowing you to predict their ability to meet ongoing policy obligations, it is an important factor.

Also, there are a number of main contractors that will not sub-contract works to any companies not insured with an insurer with a minimum of an A-financial rating (as determined by established ratings companies).

If you have any concerns about whether this may affect your business or have any questions around the rating of an insurer speak with one of our advisors.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.