Breweries Insurance

From micro-breweries to vineyards and distilleries, challenge us to cover your business.

About Breweries Insurance


Brewery product liability protection

Cover against claims should your product cause customers harm (£2.5, £5 and £10million limits available).

Accidental Damage

Insurance for brewery equipment

Accidental loss or damage cover for your machinery, contents and specialist equipment; excluding wear and tear.


Goods in transit cover for breweries

Cover for your products and stock whether it’s being collected or distributed by you.


Brewery business interruption

Covers your lost income should you not be able to trade, due to an event at the premises such as a fire or flood.

Features of Breweries Insurance

Standard cover

Public liability cover for breweries

Public liability covers you should you be faced with a claim from a member of the public. For example, if you conduct tours around your brewery and you are at fault should a member of the tour injure themselves, public liability cover will reimburse your business for legal expenses and the cost of the compensation itself.

Cover your goods when exporting to the EU

We can easily include goods in transit cover within the UK. Equally, if your beer/bier/cerveza is going down well in Europe, we can extend cover to include transit within EU countries. If you plan on sending your beer even further, we can look at including this too.

Insurance for micro-breweries

As a micro-brewery, your equipment and recipe are key to your success. Our brewery insurance covers businesses large and small, against loss of equipment and stock through theft or accidental damage. We can also cover your continuing fixed costs, if you’re unable to keep trading following a loss. If you’re planning to expand, let us know as we’ll need to know about additions to your risks and sums insured, to keep you covered appropriately.

Business Interruption for breweries

Business interruption (loss of profits) will help you stay in business by covering loss of gross profit and reasonable expenditure incurred as a result of an event such as a fire, theft or flood. The indemnity period is the amount of time this cover can be claimed for and may differ depending on the situation or terms of the policy.

Breweries Insurance FAQs


How many staff can I employ?


We don’t limit the number of staff our brewery insurance includes. Just make sure you tell us how many you employ and your annual wage roll when you set up your policy. Keep us informed as your business grows and we’ll grow your policy with it.


Can you cover operations under railway arches?


Yes, we can. Some insurers are quite restrictive in terms of the type of structure they’ll cover. However, we can cover almost any premises type, from craft breweries to large mass-producing units.


Will my health and safety standards affect my cover?


There is a possibility that your cover will be ineffective if you do not meet the relevant health and safety requirements. If you employ five people or less, the law requires you to have fewer practices in place however, if you employ six or more people you will have to conduct risk assessments and you could face a fine if you do not have these in place. If you’re uncertain as to what’s required of your business, please visit


Is the financial rating of an insurer an important factor?


Yes, it is. An insurer’s financial situation is measured, allowing you to predict their ability to meet ongoing policy obligations.

Also, there are a number of main contractors that will not sub-contract works to any companies not insured with an insurer with a minimum of an A-financial rating (as determined by established ratings companies).

If you have any concerns about whether this may affect your business or have any questions around the rating of an insurer speak with one of our advisors.



Are there any exclusions on my breweries insurance policy?


Full terms and conditions are available on request from your Towergate advisor, and in your policy documents.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01493 845 305 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim