Restaurant Insurance

Whether you run a café or a five star bistro, when it comes to your restaurant insurance, we have you covered.

With a range of policy options with the flexibility to cover many different types of restaurant, we can mix together just the levels of protection your restaurant insurance needs. From business interruption through to cover for any entertainment you offer, plus loss of licence through to your liabilities.

0344 346 3306
0344 346 0409 Mon - Thu 8:30am - 6.00pm, Fri - 8:30am - 5.30pm
Get a quote Request a callback

Restaurant insurance features

  • Buildings insurance

  • Accidental damage cover

  • Loss of licence

  • Business interruption

  • Employers' liability

  • Public liability

  • Products liability

  • Legal expenses insurance including cover for contract disputes

Prefer to spread the cost of your policy?

Paying by direct debit is an affordable and convenient way to pay for your policy. Through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL)*, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments.

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

*To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.


Restaurant insurance exclusions

  • Policy excess as shown in your policy documents

  • Deep fat frying condition for those with frying equipment

  • Minimum security condition

  • Warranty to sweep and clear all trade refuse daily

  • Warranty to store all stock in trade on wooden pallets or metal racking so that such goods are at least 15cm off the floor level

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.


Restaurant insurance FAQs

Why do you need to know my annual turnover?

We need to know your turnover to assess the size of your business. This can influence the premium and insurers cover available

Can I be covered instantly?

Yes, the second that we have confirmed your cover and set it up, you are insured from that point on. We will then issue your documents and policy presentation packs first class and emailed if requested

If I find a lower quote will you match it or better it?

We are able to negotiate rates with a panel of UK Insurance Underwriters, so please contact us if you already have a quote with another business insurance provider and we will see if we can save you money on your business insurance policy

We offer entertainment for our clients and have had trouble obtaining insurance quote due to this. Is this something you are able to cover?

Yes! This is a frequently asked question and we use a panel of top insurers who are able to accommodate pubs/restaurants offering entertainment

Can you cover personal contents?

Yes we can offer personal contents through all the insurers we use. Which insurer will be most suited to your needs will be dependant on the amount of cover required

Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?

If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.


Restaurant insurance claims promise

With Towergate you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team offering the exemplary, fast and efficient service that we expect from our own teams and from our partners.

Simply contact the restaurant claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0344 892 1384 and we will put you through to the claims team. They will talk with you about your claim, guiding you through your next steps and taking you through the process.

Furthermore, if you feel you need additional support or if you have concerns about the progression of your claim, our in house team are always on hand to help.

0344 346 3306
0344 346 0409 Mon - Thu 8:30am - 6.00pm, Fri - 8:30am - 5.30pm
Get a quote Request a callback

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.
Error loading MacroEngine script (file: [Razor]SidebarWidgets.cshtml)