Bricklayers Insurance

We can provide tailored liability insurance for bricklayers, including cover for up to five additional related trades in one policy, such as builders, electricians, carpenters, tilers and decorating.

0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5pm

Request a callback

About Bricklayers Insurance


Insurance for bricklaying tools

Cover for your equipment


Tailored bricklayers’ insurance

Many optional extras including accidental damage cover for your business premises, equipment and tools plus employers’ liability available


Dedicated bricklayers’ claims service

Experts claim handlers to give you peace of mind

Direct Debit

Pay for your bricklaying insurance by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payment into 10 monthly instalments. For more details please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

Features of Bricklayers Insurance

Standard cover

Public liability insurance for bricklayers

When carrying out bricklaying in busy public areas, we can provide public liability up to £10m to protect you for allegations of accidental injury or damage to third parties due to your negligence. We also offer employers’ liability cover with limits up to £10m in order to ensure your staff are covered meeting your legal requirements should an injury occur.

Cover for bricklayers’ equipment

With a flexible tools’ cover limit set by you, we can cover a range of mixers, hand tools, wheelbarrows and other specialist equipment including employees’ tools. Tools must be locked securely outside business hours, and a single item limit may apply.

Specialist types of bricklaying cover

We are able to provide specialist types of cover such as JCT, non-negligence insurance and ‘contractors all risks’ (CAR) cover for your own plant, hired-in plant, and contract works cover, but our brokers can source policies which include many of these features combined as you need.

Instant bricklayers’ cover. Do you need documents quickly to tender for a public contract or to get you site?

We can provide verification of insurance via email, often within the same day. Speed up the process even more by getting a quote and buying your bricklayers insurance online, or for a more detailed requirement review, call us today to discuss your needs.

Bricklayers Insurance FAQs


Can you provide JCT insurance and can you cover my sub-contractors tools?


We know JCT is becoming more and more desired as part of a tradesman insurance even though it still remains relatively difficult to find amongst the various providers. We pride ourselves on not only being able to source this protection for those looking for it but also being able to accommodate any other types of cover you may need such as sub-contractors and employees’ tools cover. Speak with one of our advisers about your needs and how we might be able to help.


Is my cement mixer covered on site, and while I’m driving?


We can cover your cement mixer whether it is on a trailer or in your van, on site or in transit. Asks us about tool and contractors all risks cover and we’ll get it covered on your policy (exclusions apply).


Why does a bricklayer need public liability insurance?


Bricklayers can risk legal action in respect of their liability for accidental personal injury or property damage arising from their activities. Potentially, the awards as a result of a successful claim can be substantial. Unfortunately, even the legal costs of defending the most spurious claim can cause severe financial hardship. This underlines the importance of insuring your business.


Are labour-only sub-contractors covered in the same way that direct PAYE staff are under the employer’s liability policy?


Yes, we can cover labour only sub-contractors, as well as PAYE staff for the same risks under your EL(Employers’ Liability) cover. it is very important to declare how your workforce are employed as this will affect how your risks are calculated.


Why do I need bricklayer-specific insurance?


Some general policies could contain inadequacies that would leave your business uninsured in the event of a major loss. Therefore, protect your company with an industry-specific policy from Towergate.


Is the financial rating of an insurer an important factor?


It is an important globally recognised rating factor and we only use insurers with A-ratings as provided by professional credit rating firms such as such as Standard & Poor’s, A M Best, Moody’s or Fitch Ratings to assess their financial situation and predict their ability to meet on-going policy obligations.

As well as being an important factor for you in choosing the right insurer.  Some main contractors will not subcontract works to any companies not insured with a minimum of an A- financial rating By not having a financially secure insurance policy in place you could potentially be restricting your business and the contracts you take on.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for payment spread over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim