Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Insurance for Catering Vans and Trailers

Specialist insurance for mobile and static catering vans.

  • Catering insurance to cover hot or cold food catering, including burger vans, ice cream vans, mobile shops and catering trailers
  • Cover for both mobile trailers and static catering units
  • Outside caterer liability insurance for up to £10 million

Start your catering van insurance quote online

Make an enquiry

Or speak to an adviser

01536 486060
01536 486060

Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Mobile Catering Trailer Insurance Features

Protecting your vehicle, fixtures and fittings

As as a mobile caterer, you will require a specialist mobile catering van insurance policy. This specialist catering trailer insurance will not only cover your business use when travelling to different catering locations, but will also provide cover for your catering vehicle and permanent fixtures and fittings, meaning your equipment is fully covered too. Our specialist catering policies include full fire cover, which is particularly important if you have any hot food or electrical appliances on board.

Optional covers to protect against income loss

Being a mobile caterer, losing income and clients may pose a serious threat to the sustainability of your business. We offer a range of optional covers to either prevent or mitigate this risk. These optional covers for mobile catering van insurance include: legal expenses cover and the supply of a replacement catering vehicle - allowing you to continue trading in the event of damages caused by an non-fault incident. You can also protect your business by choosing one of our additional covers, including: business equipment; business interruption; loss of stock and money; frozen foods cover; and catering legal expenses.

Mobile catering liability insurance

Our mobile catering policy covers you for damages and potentially expensive legal costs resulting from injury, disease or accidental damage. We offer public, product and employers' liability insurance for up to £10 million each, allowing you to cater for the largest of events - such as music festivals - which comes with complimentary cover for loss of stock and money.

Protecting your future

We understand your catering vehicles are treasured possessions, and often investments on which your income is entrusted. For all the alterations and additions you’ve made, we’ll assess your requirements and look to find you the most suitable cover. This means that, as your business grows, you make changes, buy new vehicles or take on staff, your policy will adapt to suit your needs as you go along. Discuss them with one of our experts who can help you understand the risks and how to stay protected.

Insurance for Catering Vans and Trailers Claims

Need to make a claim?

Call us or email us with: your policy number; a phone number to reach you on; details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

01536 486060

Insurance for Catering Vans and Trailers Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your catering van insurance.

Employers Liability Guide Small

insurance guide

A Guide to Employers' Liability Insurance

Whether you have one employee or an expanding workforce, employers’ liability insurance is a vital part of your liability insurance for your business.

Completing Your Tax Return


Completing your tax return

We've put together a quick guide and some handy tips to bear in mind when completing your tax return.

Insurance for Catering Vans and Trailers FAQs

Can I cover more than one vehicle on my policy?

We cannot cover more than one catering vehicle on an individual insurance policies. We can, however, offer a fleet solution where applicable and subject to the insurers terms and conditions

Can you cover catering trailers as well as vans?

Yes, we can offer you a separate policy to cover a catering trailer

Can you insure my private car?

We cannot provide cover for private vehicles under catering van insurance. However, we can transfer you to one of our Towergate facilities who do quote for car insurance.

Will my stock be covered as part of my catering van insurance?

Your food stock will be covered, up to a certain level, but alcohol will not be covered by your catering van insurance policy.

Will my catering van insurance policy cover business interruption?

Your catering van insurance policy will cover business interruption to a certain extent. Speak to an adviser for details.

Can I pay for my catering van and trailer insurance in instalments?

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

Regulatory information:

Towergate Insurance Brokers is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Registered in England No.4043759. Registered Address: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 3EN. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.