Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Listed Property Insurance

Our policy gives special attention to your special property.

  • Cover for all grades of listed building (I, II and II* in England and Wales and A, B and B+ in Scotland and Northern Ireland)
  • Alternative accommodation should your home become uninhabitable
  • Option to include home assistance cover and legal protection up to £50,000

Cover your property online in a matter of minutes

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

error retrieving broker login link

Got a special request? Call our specialist team to see what they can do for you

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9:00am - 5:30pm

Our listed home insurance comes with a range of features designed to give you peace of mind

Alternative accommodation should your home become uninhabitable

Having nowhere to live can be a stressful experience but with the cover we arrange you will be provided with alternative accommodation so you don't have to worry.

Accidental damage cover

We know that accidents happen. As part of your cover, accidental damage for fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and fittings and electrical equipment are also taken care of. That way, your possessions are the least of your worries.

Optional home assistance cover and legal protection

Legal costs can be a source of concern. Our listed home cover includes the option of including home assistance cover and legal protection up to £50,000.

Up to 25% no claims discount

Careful customer? We believe in rewarding customers who are careful. Speak to one of our friendly advisers and we can offer a discount of up to 25% depending on how many years you have been claim free.

Listed Property Insurance Claims

Handling all claims up to a value of £25,000 ourselves, you can be sure that you have the benefit of talking to our specialist home insurance experts should the worst happen.

Our dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing property insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm with the exception of bank holidays.

simply call us using the number in your policy documents and our team will talk you through the details of your claim. We will advise and guide you through the next steps and will stay in regular contact with you right the way through to a fair and honest settlement.

Need to make a claim?

Call the claims team on:

0345 074 4760

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm

Listed Property Insurance Articles & Guides

Read our guides and watch our videos for tips on staying covered and advice on maintaining your property.

House Price Ratio


House Price Income Ratio

In today’s global economy, the playing field in the international market isn’t exactly level, with house prices being one of the best reflections of the challenges citizens in some countries face.

Buy To Let Insurance Explained

insurance guide

Buy to Let Insurance Guide

In this guide we’ll take you through the ins and outs of buy to let house insurance, giving you details on the different aspects of cover to consider in straight forward terms.

Listed Property Insurance FAQs

What excess do I have to pay on this policy?

You can choose an excess from £100 to £550. If you go for the higher amount, this will reduce your premium. Certain types of constructions have a higher excess - such as flat-roofed properties. For more information speak to one of our sales advisers on 0344 892 1750.

Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?

This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisers on 0344 892 1750.

What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?

You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.

Would you insure my property if it is both listed and timber framed?

Yes. We can cover for both of these situations.

Do I have to keep my property maintained?

You must take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss or damage and must maintain the property insured in sound condition and good repair. If you have a flat roof, a professional builder or roofer will need to visit your property every eight years to inspect it and any necessary repairs should be carried out.

Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?

Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.