Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Coach House Insurance

Cover for coach houses and flats above garages

  • Buildings and contents insurance for coach houses
  • Flats above garages also covered under contents and buildings insurance
  • Ground-floor garages under your coach house can be covered even if they’re used by someone else

If you know what you need, run through a quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Call us today for an insurance quote on your coach house

0344 980 6881
0344 892 1750

Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

Features of our coach house insurance

Coach house cover for all purposes

Whether your coach house is your main home, holiday home, let out to tenants or used as an Airbnb or similar, we can provide buildings and contents cover through our coach house insurance.

Home insurance for ground-floor garages

We can also insure ground-floor garages under your coach house as part of the freehold, even if these are leased out for residential purposes. Therefore if your neighbours have use of a garage under your flat, we can still cover you.

Contents cover for your coach house and lower garages

We can offer insurance for your contents whether your contents are entirely within your coach house, or also in the lower floors or garages underneath.

Comprehensive and specialist coach house insurance

It can be challenging to find insurance for coach houses because of their unusual construction. As a specialist insurer, our coach house cover is designed for the specific risks of your property, such as neighbours who have a garage under your flat which is not under your control.

Coach House Insurance Claims

We recommend you report your claim as soon as possible and we have a 24 hour claims number so you can call us straight away.

Once reported, our claims team will call you back no more than 24 hours later with the next steps for your claim, hopefully we’ll get things sorted nice and quickly for you.

Need to make a claim?

Call or email us with: your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible.

01708 777 710

Coach House Insurance Articles & Guides

We don't just know a lot about insurance, we know a lot about homes too:

How To Insulate Your Home


How to Save Energy at Home

Saving energy at home starts with proper insulation. Stopping the escape of heat will save both energy and money - and while some improvements will require a trained professional, there are also a number of things you can do by yourself. Read on to find out more about the big and small things you can do to save energy and reduce your energy bills.

Phil Spencer Specialist Home


Does your property need specialist home insurance?

Many of us like to think of our home as special and unique – and in insurance times, this is more likely than you may think! Phil Spencer's checklist explains whether your home might fit the bill.

Keys to a new house


The Process of Buying a House

The costs of buying a house means that understanding the process is vital to getting the best deal. Understand what you are looking for and when to make your offer to give you the best chance at purchasing your dream property. We have put together a checklist that leads you through buying your first home.

Coach House Insurance FAQs

What is a coach house?

A coach-house is a residence that’s over a garage, carport, set of garages or even walkways/driveways.

Why do I need special coach houses insurance?

Your coach house has different risks to an average flat or house. Some insurance companies might struggle to cover you, for instance if other people have access to your property – like neighbours who have a garage under your flat. Here at Towergate we specialise in specialist insurance, so we cover the properties other insurers don’t.

Do you offer home emergency cover?

Yes, you can add cover for home emergencies to your property insurance policy.

  • Three levels of home emergency cover, starting with emergency repairs to the primary heating system at your property
  • Extend to include emergency repairs to your drainage and water services, securing broken windows and doors - and dealing with pest infestations
  • Access to a 24-hour helpline and network of reliable UK tradespeople

Please talk to your Towergate adviser for details.

What if I've had previous claims?

We specialise in providing cover where other insurers can’t. If you've had previous claims we will still consider your case whether or not you've been rejected by other insurers. This is also handled by our Colchester team and details can be found on our contact page.

What is property owner’s liability?

Property owners liability is related to one’s legal responsibility to properly maintain property you own so it is not a danger to others. If a form of negligence connected to the property causes a third party to be injured or their property to be damaged, they may seek compensation from the property owner. Subsequently, it’s important to have insurance in place to cover this, and most home insurance policies, including our own, include this as standard.

Do you provide accidental damage insurance?

Cover for accidental breakage of glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fittings is provided as standard. However, you can choose to increase the protection for your home by adding optional accidental damage cover to your buildings, contents or both for an additional cost.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit. .

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.