Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Landlord Buildings Insurance

Cover for your commercial property

  • Multiple property portfolio under one landlord buildings insurance policy
  • Covers a wide range of tenant types, including students, DSS tenants and asylum seekers
  • Malicious damage cover as standard for added peace of mind

Get a landlord buildings cover quote online:

Compare quotes

Call us to speak to a landlord buildings insurance adviser:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Feefo logo



Features of our Landlord Buildings Insurance

Landlord buildings cover

Our landlord buildings insurance policies come with excesses from as low as £100 per year. This will cover you for escape of water, accidental damage, fire, storm damage, flooding, snow damage, burst pipes, gas leaks and more (see your policy for full details). Accidental damage cover is included as standard.

Tailored landlord buildings insurance

We can offer cover from a range of different insurers to ensure you have a landlord buildings insurance policy tailored to your needs. We can cover both commercial and domestic properties, and mixed-use properties can be covered under a single policy.

Property owners liability cover

Property owners liability cover is included at no additional cost under our landlord buildings insurance. This protects you against liability for damage caused by your building and contents to a third-party, e.g. tenants or the public.

Legal and terrorism cover for your building

Legal cover for liability damage to third-parties can also be included under our landlord buildings insurance. The minimum amount offered is £50,000 but this can be extended. We can also offer cover to damage to third parties caused by terrorist incidents.

Landlord Buildings Insurance Claims

Need to make a claim?

Call us or email us with: your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

0344 892 1384

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Landlord Buildings Insurance Articles & Guides

Read our commercial property articles and guides:

Tenant Referencing For Landlords Social Image


Tenant Referencing for Landlords

Before entering into a legal contract with a tenant, landlords should carry out careful referencing checks to ensure their property is in good hands.

The Changing Face Of The High Street 1


The Changing Face of the High Street

Many commentators are declaring the end of the UK’s high streets as we know them. We explored the ways in which SMEs are adapting to change the role of our high streets.

Landlord Buildings Insurance FAQs

If I don’t receive rent for a period, can I claim for this?

You can claim for loss of rent if your building is uninhabitable due to damage or an accident which is covered by the rest of the policy. Some of the policies we can offer will also insure your property whilst it is empty. However, this only covers you for damage whilst the property is already empty and therefore won’t cover your lost rent.

Does landlord buildings insurance cover me for loss of keys?

Yes, we can cover loss of keys, and also the replacement of locks and damage from an emergency access. Say your tenants vacate your property and keep a set of keys, or whilst unoccupied you lose the master set. Replacing the locks and keys, or worse, having to break in due to an emergency while you have lost your keys, can cost a considerable amount. We can offer peace of mind knowing these easy accidents can be covered by your landlord buildings insurance.

I’ve been told Towergate offer the cheapest landlord insurance, but my online quote is not the cheapest; why is this?

At Towergate, we take pride in understanding our customers' needs and finding them a policy to suit these needs. Sometimes this means that your policy may not be the cheapest on the market, but bear in mind that sometimes the least expensive policies don't include features that you may need. If you're unhappy with your online quote, speak to an adviser - we may be able to help.

Will my landlord buildings policy cover me for subsidence?

If you need cover for subsidence, we can provide it. However, if your property has a history of subsidence we’ll require an inspection of the property to establish the risk of further damage before we provide cover. Usually we won’t have trouble finding you insurance as long as you can provide the correct paper work to prove the initial cause has been dealt with and subsequent checks have been made. Speak to us on the phone, or via email, and we can discuss your options with you.

How does having a different type of tenant such as DSS or students affect my policy?

We can provide cover for a wide range of tenant types. So, if for example, that student party gets a bit out of hand and a window gets accidentally broken, you’ll be covered under the accidental damage section of your policy (if you’ve asked for that to be included in your policy).

How do I calculate my sums insured?

Many of our customers often assume the rebuild price is the same as the market value. This however is not the most accurate way to understand the costs because this value does not include the demolition and debris removal of the previous property, or the architects, materials or labour costs to re-build. Not forgetting, many insurers will charge a penalty, for underinsuring a property so it’s very important this is correct.

We advise all our customers to use a rebuild calculator or professional service to get the best landlord insurance cover for their property.

Can you offer landlord buildings insurance for multiple properties?

Yes, we specialise in finding insurance policies for landlords with multiple properties. In fact if you have between 1 and 50 properties we can often find you discounts on the policies and the administration fees.

We can also include any new policies pro-rata, meaning you can keep the same renewal date for all your properties.

I’ve been a landlord for a number of years and I’ve never had to claim. Will this reduce my premium?

Absolutely. We really value experienced landlords and know that when you’ve been at it for a while, you tend to be lower risk. With that in mind, we reward careful and experienced landlords with reduced rates.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.