Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Takeaway Insurance

When the chips are down, you need insurance in place to cover your losses.

  • Employers’ liability cover even if you only employ one person
  • Public liability for any business who invites customers onto their premises
  • Buildings, contents and business equipment cover

Get a takeaway insurance quote and buy your policy online

Compare quotes error retrieving broker login link

Got a special request? Call our specialist team to see what they can do for you

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

What does takeaway shop insurance cover?

Public liability and products liability

These two types of liability are similar but not quite the same. However, they are equally important and we recommend you have both. Public liability covers you should a customer have an accident on your premises and decide to hold you responsible and take legal action. Products liability on the other hand, covers you should a customer take action against you because takeaway food you’ve sold has made them ill or injured them in some way.

Buildings and contents (including business equipment)

As you’re likely to have equipment such as deep fat fryers and stock, we provide cover to replace your broken equipment. This will help you overcome those little set-backs and keep your business running with minimal interruption. Whether you own the equipment or not, we can ensure that should the worst happen, the equipment in your takeaway shop will be covered. Our policies can even be adapted to cover your landlords contents or improvements you’ve made which may not be covered by the landlord’s insurance policy.

Employers’ liability

Your staff are likely to be dealing with hot surfaces, hot liquids and slippery floors. We understand you do everything you can to prevent accidents in your work place however, should an accident occur and you be accused of negligence, our policy can help cover legal fees and potential resulting compensation.

Takeaway delivery driver insurance

Our takeaway shop policies can include delivery driver insurance and this usually comes as standard. You will however need to ensure that each of your drivers has insurance for their motor vehicle separately.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Takeaway Insurance Claims

Call us or email us with; your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Need to make a claim?

Give us a call and we’ll help settle your claim

0344 892 1384

Takeaway Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your insurance.

Liability Infographic Final News Header


Liability Insurance: An Infographic Guide

If you're a business owner, the likelihood is you'll need some liability insurance. Our infographic explains why it's so important to get covered and the circumstances in which you'll need public, professional, employers, product and director's and officer's liability insurance.

Professional Indemnity Insurance Explained

insurance guide

Professional Indemnity Insurance Explained

Learn how to protect yourself and your small business with our comprehensive guide to professional indemnity insurance, also known as professional liability insurance.

The Changing Face Of The High Street 1


The Changing Face of the High Street

Many commentators are declaring the end of the UK’s high streets as we know them. We explored the ways in which SMEs are adapting to change the role of our high streets.

Takeaway Insurance FAQs

What is the difference between employers’ and public liability and do I need both?

Employers' liability covers you for some losses should you be accused of negligence in your work place and a member of your staff gets injured. Public liability on the other hand covers you for similar losses only in this case, a claim may arise from one of your customers or another member of the public. We also recommend you have products liability which covers you should one of your customers allege food poisoning or burn themselves on hot food.

Do I need to tell you if I hire more staff?

We generally insure you based upon your wage roll, so you only need to tell us should this increase.

Can you provide insurance for takeaway delivery drivers to deliver food to homes and businesses?

Most of our policies will cover a business which delivers food, however the drivers must have the correct takeaway delivery insurance in place to cover them. This means your delivery drivers will need to notify their motor insurer that they’re using their vehicle for delivering food on your behalf.

What if I don’t just sell one type of food?

If you've got a wide ranging menu, please let our advisers know and they will ensure your policy extends to cover this. You must tell us if you do outside catering at events.

Can I insure multiple premises?

Yes. Even if your other premises all sell different types of food. So, if you also have a Kebab shop or general store we can insure them together and negotiate you a competitive rate.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.