Converted Property Insurance

Converted property insurance that doesn’t discriminate – cover for barns, churches, halls and many more.

  • Whatever you’re building we can insure all types of converted properties
  • We won’t unfairly penalise you just because your property breaks the mould
  • Get specialised home insurance for conversions without paying over the odds

Get an online quote and get your property covered today.

Make an enquiry

Discuss your requirements on the phone for even more flexibility.

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

Feefo logo



Features of our converted property insurance

Cover for almost any converted property

We can consider insurance for many types of converted properties. The property could be recently converted, the original building could be hundreds of years old, it could be listed, of a high value or even of non-standard construction and we can still help get you covered. In fact, as-long as the building regulations are signed off on the conversion, we will be able to consider your property.

What we need to know

Two of the most important questions we will ask are, “how old is the original building?” And, “when was it converted?”. The life of the original building starts from when the foundations were laid so we will need to know this and also the date at which the most recent conversion was finished. Other things you’ll need to tell us are; when the last electrical inspection was, what type of heating system is installed, whether the property has exposed beams (and if they are fire guarded), whether the chimney is lined, if there are fire extinguishers present and if the property has asbestos.

Insurance for converted flats

Have you converted the property into separate apartments? We can also provide converted flat insurance. We can insure the entire property for you, on one policy. As well as the buildings insurance, we can also provide landlords insurance too should you wish to rent them out. We can also cover your property while the refurbishment work is going on.

Converted home insurance

We don’t raise the price just because the property is converted and we don’t unfairly lower the level of cover either. So you can still get the buildings insurance and contents insurance you need to secure your property. Our home policies also include temporary accommodation for you and your pets should your home become uninhabitable as well as many other great home insurance features.

Converted Property Insurance Claims

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Need to make a claim?

Call or email us with; your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible.

01708 777 710

Converted Property Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your converted property insurance.

Natural Light Window 464


10 Ideas for Refurbishing Your Home

Looking for ways to spruce up your home or make your property more appealing to prospective tenants? In this article we explore 20 creative refurbishing ideas for homeowners on a budget.

YouTube DIY tools


DIY for the YouTube Generation

A quarter of young adults rely on YouTube for DIY advice but 1 in 5 have to call in experts to fix DIY disasters, costing them £5,000. At double the UK average, is trying to do it yourself costing more than getting in the professionals?

Converted Property Insurance FAQs

We want to start renovating a property. Can you insure while the work is going on?

We want to start renovating a property can you insure while the work is going on. We can cover your property during the refurbishments, even if you don’t live there. Contact us on the phone to discuss this further as you may need unoccupied property insurance if you’re not living there through-out the duration of the work.

Do you provide accidental damage insurance?

Cover for accidental breakage of glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fittings is provided as standard. However, you can choose to increase the protection for your home by adding optional accidental damage cover to your buildings, contents or both for an additional cost.

Can you insure my property if I rent it out as a holiday home?

We can provide the right cover for many different types of property use. So whether you rent it out, use it as your second home, or are just developing in order to sell let us know and we’ll find a solution that best suits your needs.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.