Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Non Standard Construction Insurance

Cover for a range of non-standard construction properties, including steel frame and timber frame house insurance

  • Get rewards of up to 25% no claims discount
  • We include eco homes, wattle and daub, timber frame houses, steel frame houses, shingle roofs and more
  • 24-hour home care emergency assistance also available

Get a non standard home insurance quote and buy online

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

error retrieving broker login link

Our advisers will take time to understand your property so why not call us?

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9:00am - 5:30pm

What does non standard construction insurance cover?

Home care emergency assistance for non-standard construction properties

Help is at hand any time of day, every day of the year with 24 hour helplines for home emergencies. Assistance is provided in the event you need your home to be made safe following an insured peril such as a burst pipe or a break-in. We can then start the claims process and get repairs carried out so your home is back to usual. You will need to take precautions if you are away from the home for more than 30 days consecutively, details of these can be found in our policy wording or you can ask the team for advice.

Option for legal cover

Legal problems can keep you awake at night and can be very complex. Our legal helpline is there if you have concerns regarding any aspect of the law. No matter how complex the issue, legal experts at DAS are on hand to provide you with advice and hopefully give you some reassurance. If your issue can’t be solved and you need to make a claim our claims team will work with DAS to get proceedings started. Please be aware that just because you have spoken to DAS does not mean your issue will be covered by the policy.

Steel frame house insurance, timber frame house insurance and cover for a range of non-standard properties

With our non standard home insurance policy we can look to insure: steel framed houses, timber framed properties, eco homes, flat roofs of various construction, properties in conservation areas, wattle and daub, properties with shingle roofs, stramit and non-combustible pre-fabricated homes.

Property owners' liability insurance for non standard properties

We can provide property owner's liability insurance to cover you in instances where a third party has been injured or had their property damaged in circumstances related to your property. This cover applies to your legal defence and awards you are required to pay to the claimant.

Non Standard Construction Insurance Claims

Our claims team are experienced in helping customers who need to make property claims. You are able to report your claim 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you can get started as soon as possible.

Just note, if reported over a weekend or during bank holidays, we’ll get back to you with the next steps on the next business day.

Photographs of any damage are always useful to help your claim along and please have as much information to hand as possible.

Need to make a claim?

Give us a call and we'll help get things settled:

0345 074 4760

Non Standard Construction Insurance Articles & Guides

We can provide cover for all kinds of properties, whether you need insurance for a timber framed house or a prefab home. Find more helpful advice in our content hub:

House Price Ratio


House Price Income Ratio

In today’s global economy, the playing field in the international market isn’t exactly level, with house prices being one of the best reflections of the challenges citizens...

View infographic


Non Standard Property Explained

These days you can buy almost anything 'off the peg' - be it clothes, shoes, kitchens, bathrooms and even houses. But sometimes it's rather satisfying to be in a position to opt for something a little different such as a made-to-measure suit, designer dress or limited edition car. It may be that you have chosen this route with your home, or perhaps even inherited a property which an insurance company will classify as 'non standard'.



DIY Tips - Wallpapering

We have put together some how-to guides to those seemingly simple decorating duties, painting and wallpapering. We've picked the minds of paint shop and decorating professionals for advice which, if followed properly, with a little time investment can result in a professional finish at a cost price. So whether you own the property you are decorating or sprucing up to let out, why not give it a go?


insurance guide

What is Liability Insurance?

There are three main types of liability insurance. Each has a slightly different focus and will protect your business from different, potentially costly, scenarios. If you've ever asked yourself "What is liability insurance?" then look no further - our guide explains what these different covers offer.

Non Standard Construction Insurance FAQs

I have a wind turbine in my garden, can I insure it on my home insurance policy?

Yes, we can also insure grass roofs and solar panels but we recommend you speak to the team to ensure you have the right cover in place for these extras.

Can you cover my mobile home?

Yes, this policy is supported by our team in Cheltenham. The policy is specifically designed for mobile homes and park homes which have slightly different requirements than even our non-standard properties. For more information head to our Park Home Insurance page or call the team on 0344 892 1413.

My home is unoccupied, can I still get cover?

You may be able to insure an unoccupied home on our unoccupied home policy. Unoccupied properties need slightly different cover so it’s important to make sure you get the correct policy for your circumstances.

Can I pay in instalments?

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.