Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Race Transporter Insurance

Insurance to cover your motorsport transporter.

  • Discounts for limited mileage
  • European cover available
  • A range of policies from basic to fully comprehensive – including cover for theft and malicious damage

Start a race transporter insurance quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Or speak to an adviser:

01536 486060
01536 486060

Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

What does race transporter insurance cover?

Legal representation and costs

Our race transporter policies cover reasonable legal costs and expenses for representing you at an inquest or enquiry should an accident occur in which you are deemed liable.

Theft and fire cover

Should your race transporter be damaged or lost due to fire, lightning, explosion or theft, our insurance policies will cover this, plus standard accessories and entertainment equipment.

New van replacement*

If, within one year of purchasing your vehicle from new, it incurs damage that will cost more than 60% of the manufacturer's list price, then the insured vehicle will be replaced with a new one of the same make, model and specification. *This applies to most policies - please check with your adviser to confirm that your policy includes this features.

Replacement locks cover

Should your race transporter keys, lock transmitter or entry card become lost or stolen, up to £500 will be paid towards the cost of replacing: the door and boot locks, the ignition and steering locks, and the lock transmitter or the entry card.

Race Transporter Insurance Articles & Guides

Make the most of your race van insurance with our handy guides and tips.

Classic Car Driving Routes


Towergate's Top 10 UK Scenic Driving Routes

As part of Towergate’s Great British Summer guide, we’ve enlisted the help of our friends at Footman James to compile a list of the best driving routes in the UK. So classic car or not, we can all make the most of our trips away this summer.

Jaguar E Type V12 Roadster Series Iii 1971 75 1 Resize


Which Classic Car is the Best Investment?

Thinking of investing in a classic car? When faced with some different options, making the right one can seem daunting. Read our breakdown of these important factors and help yourself make an informed decision.

Triumph Spitfire


How to find the value of your classic car

We explore how to find the value of your classic car with the help of Patina. If you're buying, selling or looking for classic car insurance this helpful resource has plenty of data to help you establish the value of your classic and whether it's increasing or decreasing in value.

Race Transporter Insurance FAQs

What is race transporter insurance?

Race transporter insurance, also known as race van insurance, is a product designed to protect you from the financial implications of an accident or unfortunate event in relation to your vehicle.

Do I need race transporter insurance?

It is a legal requirement to have motor insurance on your race transporter, but this doesn’t have to be a specialist race transporter policy. However, there are benefits to taking out a specialist policy for commercial vehicles, from an insurer which understands how you are going to use your vehicle and can tailor your policy accordingly - and this can sometimes result in lower premiums.

Will my race transporter insurance cover me for trips outside the UK?

Some of our policies include 90 days of EU cover per policy cycle. If this is a feature you are interested in, please do let an adviser know.

What are the exclusions of your race transporter insurance offering?

We offer a range of race transporter insurance policies to suit different needs. Common exclusions include:

  • Contents within the vehicle
  • Driving other cars
  • Wear and tear or mechanical breakdowns
  • Theft cover if keys are left in the vehicle or security requirements are not met
What are the security requirements needed to take out your race transporter insurance?

Security requirements vary by policy, depending on the value of your vehicle. Please speak to an adviser to find out what security measures you would need to adhere to.

Can I pay in instalments?

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

Regulatory Information:

Towergate Insurance Brokers is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Registered in England No.4043759. Registered Address: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 3EN. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.