Subsidence Insurance

Buildings insurance for homes with subsidence and those that have been underpinned.

  • We aim to cover your home even if you've previously suffered from subsidence, or your home has been underpinned
  • We have helpful advisers to talk through your options
  • Home emergency assistance option available

Don’t have time to call? Request a subsidence insurance quote

Make an Enquiry

Talk to us about your property to get a quote

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

Feefo logo



What does a subsidence insurance policy cover?

Cover for your contents

A home is more than just bricks and mortar. We cover the essential things which make your house a home too. We cover your contents whilst in transit, we cover your money and credit cards (limits apply), we even cover valuables such as jewellery and electrical items. We'll also extend your contents limit over Christmas and weddings to accommodate the extra belongings likely to be in your home.

Option to include home assistance cover

If disaster strikes and you've decided to add home assistance to your policy, you’ll be covered for someone to visit your property to try to fix the damage or at the very least, limit any further damage. If you've been unlucky in the past with burst pipes or broken boilers, it’s a great idea to add this to your policy just in case.

Here to help – even when you sell your house

We know that selling a property with a history of subsidence, or that has been underpinned, can prove problematic. Most mortgage providers require insurance to be in place before completion. We can transfer your insurance cover to the new home owner should you choose to sell your property, subject to the new owners information being acceptable.

We take the caring approach

If your home becomes uninhabitable, if your home becomes uninhabitable, it’s very likely to be a distressing time. The cover we arrange aims to take away some of that distress by covering the cost of your temporary accommodation while your house is being fixed.

Subsidence Insurance Claims

Handling all claims up to a value of £25,000 ourselves, you can be sure that you have the benefit of talking to our specialist home insurance experts should the worst happen.

Our dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing property insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm with the exception of bank holidays.

Simply call us using the number in your policy documents and our team will talk you through the details of your claim. We will advise and guide you through the next steps and will stay in regular contact with you right the way through to a fair and honest settlement.

Need to make a claim?

Call the team on:

01708 777 710

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm

Subsidence Insurance Articles & Guides

If you've got any questions about insuring a property with subsidence or with any other special requirements, our guides may have the answer.



How to Spot Signs of Subsidence

Subsidence is an issue that often concerns property owners - and for good reason: It can be difficult to spot and costly to fix. In this article, we look at what subsidence is, how to spot it and how insurance may help to ease your concerns.

Subsidence Insurance FAQs

What excess do I have to pay on this policy?

You can choose an excess from £50 to £250. If you go for the higher amount, this will reduce your premium. Certain types of constructions have a higher excess - such as flat-roofed properties. For more information speak to one of our sales advisers on 0344 892 1750.

Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?

This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisers on 0344 892 1750.

What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?

You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.

Would you insure my property if it is both listed and timber framed?

Yes. We can cover for both of these situations.

Do I have to keep my property maintained?

If you have a flat roof, a professional builder or roofer will need to visit your property every 8 years to inspect it and any necessary repairs should be carried out.

Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?

Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.