Painters and Decorators Insurance

Tailored cover designed to protect you and your painting and decorating business.

  • Including adjustable height liability limits covered to meet your needs.
  • Public liability cover up to £10 million.
  • Access your quotes, policies and renewals in your online account

Call us on 03308 085 279 or get a quote online

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Man on a decorators scaffolding tower with a roller on an extension pole painting the wall of an intermediate floor at the top of the room
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Flexibility (1)

Easily compare quotes

From our panel of trusted brands

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4321 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose painters and decorators insurance with Towergate?


Public liability insurance for decorators

Public liability cover up to £10 million. Popular limits include £1m, £2m or £5m.


Other trades can be covered

You can extend your policy to include additional trades under one policy as long as you have the relevant skills and qualifications.


Dedicated painters and decorators claims service

Experts claim handlers to give you peace of mind.

Direct Debit icon

Pay by Direct Debit

Choose to spread your payment into 10 monthly Direct Debit instalments.

About painters and decorators insurance


Protection for painting and decorating equipment

We can provide cover for a range of painting and decorating equipment. This means you can feel confident in the knowledge that you are covered should something happen to your tools.


Liability cover for painters and decorators

When carrying out painting and decorating in busy public areas, we can provide public liability up to £10m to protect you for allegations of accidental injury or damage to third parties due to your negligence.


Cover for painters working at height

We provide cover for painters and decorators working at heights on ladders, cradles and swings. We can offer variable height limits according to your needs, so you have peace of mind that you’re covered for any work at heights.


Employers Liability cover if you employ staff

We also offer employers’ liability cover with limits up to £10m in order to ensure your staff are covered meeting your legal requirements should accidental injury occur to staff arising from your negligence.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Select your insurer and price
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Painters and decorators insurance FAQs

Yes, our painters and decorators insurance can cover private, public, commercial, domestic and retail locations. This includes private residences, universities, schools, hospitals cafes and restaurants to name but a few.

Yes. We can cover both labour only sub-contractors, and painting and decorating staff who are on PAYE under your Employers Liability insurance. It is vital that you declare how your workforce are employed, as this will affect how your risks are calculated.

Yes, we can cover your painting and decorating equipment away from your home or business as long as it's not left unattended and is kept safe and secure. This includes cover for equipment kept in a vehicle, as long as the equipment is out of view and the vehicle is locked securely (excluding overnight theft).

Yes it can, the painters and decorators insurance policies we offer are very flexible and can be amended at any time. All it takes is a five-minute phone call for changes to be made. Any increase in the level of cover may result in a pro-rata increase in premium

Yes, this is covered in our painters and decorators insurance policies, provided you have declared that you use application of heat processes during your work. Call us for full details.

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for payment spread over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

Read more FAQs

Painters and decorators insurance articles and guides

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance?

What is the difference between public liability and professional indemnity insurance? We define PL and PI insurance to help you decide if your business needs them.

Read more

Covering Contractors Under Employers' Liability Insurance

As an employer you will need employers’ liability insurance. Read how to ensure your policy covers all workers that require it.

Read more

Displaying Your Employers' Liability Certificate

Find out about how and where to display your employers liability insurance certificate and the legal implications if you don't in our useful video.

Read more