Working from Home Insurance

Property insurance including specific cover for people who are working from home.

  • Dedicated claims team
  • Policy may cover up to £2 million cover plus defence costs and expenses for injury, illness or accidental death occur at your property
  • UK based support

Call us on 0344 346 3298 or get a quote online

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Hands view of a retirement aged man writing on an A4 piece of paper next to an open laptop on a wooden desk
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4321 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose working from home insurance with Towergate?

A small circle with a tick, overlapping the bottom right hand corner of an A4 proportioned paper with lines

Dedicated claims advisors

If you need to make a claim on your work from home insurance policy, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible. Our dedicated claims team is available weekdays 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 1pm.

Three head and shoulders, one in front, two behind

Friendly specialist working from home insurance team

We have a dedicated, specialist team to help you set up your policy, make changes to your policy and renew your policy. They are available weekdays between 9am - 5:30pm.

Direct Debit

Spread the cost of your working from home insurance

You can spread the cost of your working from home insurance over monthly Direct Debit instalments to help manage the premium.

A4 proportioned certificate with rosette

Property owners' liability

Should injury, illness or accidental death occur at your property, the policy may cover up to £2 million cover plus defence costs and expenses incurred.

About working from home insurance


Office equipment cover at home

We can offer you the peace of mind of knowing this equipment is covered up to the value of £3,000, with the option to increase to £10,000.

Direct Debit

Protection against fraudulent use of personal credit cards

Our policy may cover financial loss from fraudulent use by any unauthorised person (excluding yourself or family members) of personal credit cards up to £2,000. Please note that you must report any suspected fraudulent use of your personal card(s) to the police within 24 hours of discovery.


Theft or attempted theft cover

We will cover you for theft or attempted theft both inside and outside the home. As long as there is evidence of forcible or violent entry or exit , the property is unoccupied, the loss is as a result of deception, or the property is let. See your policy wording for full details.


Alternative accommodation cover

If your property becomes uninhabitable our policy can help towards covering the cost of getting you comfortable and safe.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 01708 777 710 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Purchase your policy
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Working from home insurance FAQs

If you or any tenants are carrying out clerical work from home, for example using your own phone, computer or laptop to carry on working, then you should be covered under your standard home insurance.

However, if you are carrying out any other form of work; have employees or work visitors to the property; or have extensive office equipment as part of your work set up then you may want to extended your standard home policy to include working from home insurance.

Although you may have insurance to cover aspects of your business with another insurer, we will cover the fact that you are working from home. This will make sure your property is insured during this time and in the future.

Cover for malicious damage comes as standard on your home insurance policy, whilst accidental damage can be added.

You should ensure you have business liability insurance if your occupation requires it.

Yes. If you notify us you will have business visitors, and there is forcible and violent entrance to or exit from your property, you will be covered and can seek compensation. However, you will not be covered for other scenarios, such as theft from any business visitors admitted to your property.

You can choose an excess from £100. You can choose to increase this excess to reduce your premium. Speak to one of our helpful advisors for more details.

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

You are entitled to a pro-rata refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it (as long as no working from home insurance claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs.

Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.

We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy, above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.

Read more FAQs

Working from home insurance articles and guides

10 Practical and Simple Ways You Can Save Energy at Home

As energy prices soar, many of us are struggling. Here are some simple and efficient ways that can help you cut down on energy costs and save you up to £650 per year.

Read more

How to Apply for Government Energy Grants and Improve Your Energy Efficiency

With new legislation coming in 2018, we give you a few simple ways to make your rental property more energy efficient and compliant with the incoming law.

Read more

Does your property need specialist home insurance?

Phil Spencer (Location, Location, Location) discusses non-standard home insurance.

Read more

Rightsize Your Insurance

When you insure a building, it is your responsibility to decide how much to insure it for. Your broker or insurer cannot tell you this amount.

Read more