Holiday Home Insurance

Protecting your little piece of heaven come rain or shine.

  • Cover for holiday homes in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Southern Cyprus, Greece and Bulgaria
  • Insurance for a variety of property types including chalets, cottages, apartments, lodges and villas
  • Use your holiday home yourself, with friends and family, or rent it out

If you know what you need, run through a quote online and buy straight away

Get a quote

Call us today for a holiday home insurance quote

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

We’re here for you Weekdays 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

*Based on quotes for new customers in comparison to same month in 2016.

Feefo logo

What does holiday home insurance cover?

Emergency travel expenses

In the event you need to be at your property in an emergency, we will pay up to £300 in travel expenses for you and a family member to travel to the property as well as £400 towards alternative accommodation, so you don't have to worry about getting there and having somewhere to stay.

Accidental damage

Accidents happen so we cover accidental damage to your building and contents. In addition, for those of you who rent your property out, we cover accidental damage to contents while the property is let. For this cover to apply you must have evidence of a signed rental agreement for the period of the guest's stay. If your keys are lost or stolen we also include cover for replacement locks so you know the property is secure again.

We cover a range of property types

Holiday home insurance with Towergate can cover your apartment, cottage, villa, static caravan or chalet in a variety of places across the UK and Europe. We can also cover static caravans in Spain, Portugal, France and the Republic of Ireland. If you have a UK based static caravan we recommend speaking to our leisure home team. For more information on this visit our static caravan page.

Living abroad

Our holiday home insurance doesn't just extend to holidaymakers or landlords of properties abroad. If you are living abroad, we can help you arrange cover for your property. Our expert team have a good understanding of the types of properties and will be able to answer any questions which you may have.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Holiday Home Insurance Claims

We have a 24 hour claims helpline available so you can report your claim as soon as it happens.

Once reported the team aim to call you back within 24 hours with the next steps, just note that if you report your claim at the weekend we aim to call back on the following Monday.

Photographs of any damage will help us to move your claim along more quickly so please take a few photos if you can. You can email these across to .

Need to make a claim?

Call the team between 8.30am and 5.30pm on:

01708 777 720

Holiday Home Insurance Articles & Guides

We've got a whole hub of information about property, read up on:

Home And Property Thumb2


Insuring your Holiday Home

Holiday homes come in different shapes and sizes and have many different uses. Whether you've got a flat or a villa, in the UK or abroad, watch our simple guide to holiday home.

House Price Ratio


House Price Income Ratio

In today’s global economy, the playing field in the international market isn’t exactly level, with house prices being one of the best reflections of the challenges citizens in some countries face.

Customers rate our service at 95%

Based on 65 independent customer reviews.

DateProductScoreCustomer Comment

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)



Holiday Home Insurance (Renewal)


We are completely satisfied with the service we get from Towergate.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Took out home insurance at the end of June 2016 and still waiting in August for my policy documents to arrive. Contacted them twice and been told both times that documents had been posted. Also reassured that a new copy would be sent out in case original lost in the post. Hard to believe that 3 copies Woolf go missing!

On 11-Aug-2016 the supplier responded:
I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your documents to arrive after calling twice and being told that they had been sent. I will arrange for your documents to be re-sent to you again today, if these do not arrive within the next week please call 0344 736 0088 and well will investigate the matter further in order to help resolve the matter fully.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Service good but the real rating will come to light if have to make a claim
also think customer service number should be easy to get thru and not a premium number

On 11-Aug-2016 the supplier responded:
Service rating :Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We are pleased that you are happy with the service you received. Our Customer Service number 0344 736 0088, is charged at the same rate as a national call to a landline. However, if you are calling from a mobile or abroad then you can call using +44 1206 780312.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


The representatives all give their full name, sound well educated and knowledgeable.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Very helpful advisor- Lorraine Francis who helped me find the correct insurance for my property, this is the 3rd property I have insured with you this year.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Whole team knew what they were doing and were able to pick up the query and complete the policy in good time

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


No problems, a straightforward transaction by telephone.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


My parents have always used Towergate Insurance for buildings and household insurance for their property. However circumstances have changed and there is now no one living there on a permanent basis (my father died and my mother is now 94 and in a nursing home) I was asked to have window locks installed - which is not possible as it is an old Colt House. I felt that although trying to be accommodating not enough thought into the kind of house, where it is etc was taken into account. The windows with their current handles are more secure than most locks. Jobs Worth sprang to mind - take it or leave it.

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Used my work -mail address instead of my home address, and the renewal premium was over £200 more than competitors!!!!

More reviews

Holiday Home Insurance FAQs

What makes my property a holiday home?

The main criteria which make a property a holiday home are how you use it and how often you go there. If you just use the home for holidays or holiday lets and you don’t visit frequently then it’s likely to be classed as a holiday home. If you have a property which you visit more frequently, say for work or to visit nearby relatives, then it could be considered a second home in insurance terms. Check out our Second Home Insurance page for more information.

My property does not fit into the category of a holiday home, can you still insure me?

If you have a unique case we can go to our underwriting team to assess your individual circumstances and find a policy for you. As mentioned above it may fit into the category of Second Home Insurance but if not we may still be able to find cover that fits, call the team to discuss your circumstances and we will try our best to find you cover.

If something happens to my holiday home what can I do?

We provide £300 towards a flight for you and £300 towards a flight for a family member to travel to the holiday home if £300 for fights for you and £300 flight for a family member with £400

Why can't I get standard buildings and contents cover for my unoccupied home?

Most providers will not insure properties which are left unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time, which is why you need to come to a specialist provider.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card or monthly direct debit. The charge for paying by credit card is £5 if the premium is less than £5000, and 2% of the total premium if £5000 or more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.

Stay up-to-date with our latest news and offers

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter

Newsletter Terms and Conditions

By signing up to Towergate’s newsletter you are agreeing to receive quarterly email communications containing a range of news, top-tips, competitions and occasional offers for insurance products and/or services. Our newsletters are designed to keep you up to date with what we’re involved in, as well as other advice and content that we think you might find interesting.

Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here, or email with your details so we can carry out your request.