Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Home Renovation Insurance

Home improvement insurance, allowing you to stay protected while you renovate. From repairs to extensions, we are able to provide cover for your property.

  • Many property renovations will not affect the price of your policy, you just need to let us know
  • Structural work or large scale renovations can be noted on your policy with one easy call
  • For simple DIY and home improvements, you don’t need to inform us

Start your home renovation insurance quote online

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

error retrieving broker login link

Going to be doing some work on your property? Call us to discuss your requirements.

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9:00am - 5:30pm

What does renovation insurance cover?

Accidental damage cover for renovations

Accidental Damage cover isn’t always added as standard to your policy and is usually an add-on to your home insurance. While home improvements are carried out, it would cover you for those little accidents which can have expensive ramifications; things like bursting a pipe when nailing a nail in a wall. You can include accidental damage on most of our home insurance policies as and when you need to. If you are carrying out renovations yourself like building an extension or replacing windows and it isn’t being completed by contractors, you will need to check with your current insurance provider to confirm if accidental damage cover is still available. If trades people are entering your home you will want to inform us to update your policy. This does not cost anything extra but means you have the extra comfort of knowing everything is correctly noted on our systems. Any trades people should have construction insurance of their own for damage they may cause. During the time you have contractors at your property cover for theft, attempted theft and malicious damage maybe restricted unless violent or forcible entry or exit has been used.

Unoccupied property insurance for renovations

If you’re moving out of the property for over 3 months while work is being done you may need unoccupied home insurance. In this case we can easily update your policy. Unoccupied insurance accounts for the extra risk to your home while it is vacant, if you fail to advise your insurance company that your property will be unoccupied for longer than the standard unoccupancy it could invalidate your policy. Speak with one of our advisors who will be able to update your policy then and there over the phone. You’ll want any renovations being carried out on your property to interrupt your life as little as possible; just the same, we don’t want your insurance to suffer at the hands of some temporary work being done to your home. So whatever work you’re planning our suite of property insurance policies mean you have great quality home insurance at all times.

Home Renovation Insurance Claims

Our dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing home renovation insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm with the exception of bank holidays.

Simply call us using the number in your policy documents and our team will talk you through the details of your claim. We will advise and guide you through the next steps and will stay in regular contact with you right the way through to a fair and honest settlement.

Need to make a claim?

Call the claims team on:

0345 074 4760

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm

Home Renovation Insurance Articles & Guides

Check out some more info on all things home, including some tips on renovation in our property hub:



DIY Tips - Painting

We have put together some how-to guides for those seemingly simple decorating duties, painting and wallpapering. We’ve picked the minds of paint shop and decorating professionals...

View article


Non Standard Property Explained

These days you can buy almost anything 'off the peg' - be it clothes, shoes, kitchens, bathrooms and even houses. But sometimes it's rather satisfying to be in a position to opt for something a little different such as a made-to-measure suit, designer dress or limited edition car. It may be that you have chosen this route with your home, or perhaps even inherited a property which an insurance company will classify as 'non standard'.

Keys to a new house


The Process of Buying a House

The costs of buying a house means that understanding the process is vital to getting the best deal. Understand what you are looking for and when to make your offer to give you the best chance at purchasing your dream property. We have put together a checklist that leads you through buying your first home.

Unoccupied Property Guide

insurance guide

Unoccupied Home Insurance Explained

One in seven property owners in the UK leaves their property empty for more than one month at a time, meaning that many of us will require unoccupied property insurance at some point in our lives. This guide explains the key features of unoccupied property insurance and advice to keep your home protected while you are away.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.